The "Mock Tribunal of PR" of PRSA/New York Sept. 8 mocks its own self by barring reporters from the event.
Below is from the chapter website, which says the event is to celebrate the Society's "National Ethics Month" in September.
"Mock Tribunal of the PR Profession" to consider the charge, "PR professionals practice deception, are not transparent and do not offer a valuable service to clients or to society."
Date: Monday, September 8, 2014
. Time: 6:00 - 8:00 PM (6-6:30 Wine & Cheese Reception; 6:30 - 8 Discussion)
Location: SUNY Global Center, 116 East 55th Street, NYC 10022
RSVP today for this free event: Email Emmanuel Tchividjian at email@example.com
Note: This event is closed to the media; however, members of the media are invited to join by live webcast. Photos and archived event video will also be made available upon request following the event. [bold is in the original]
Panelists will play the role of a court (of public opinion!) composed of a judge, a prosecutor, a defense attorney, witnesses for the prosecution and witnesses for the defense. The attendees will play the role of the jury.
Panelists (playing the role of judge, counsel, foreman of the Jury and witnesses) to include:
- Randy Cohen – formerly "The Ethicist" columnist for the New York Times
- Paul Holmes – CEO of the Holmes Group & Editor of the Holmes Report
- Fran Hawthorne – Author and Journalist, regular contributor to the New York Times
- Michael Schubert – Chief Innovation Officer at Ruder Finn
- Jacqueline Brevard – former Chief Ethics Officer at Merck & Co.
- Steve Cody – Co-Founder and CEO of Peppercomm
- Douglas S. Simon – President & CEO of D S Simon Productions