By Greg Hazley
White House press secretary Robert Gibbs took questions from the public in a 25-minute YouTube video following Tuesday night's Oval Office address by President Barack Obama.
Gibbs was filmed from the Roosevelt Room with White House director of new media Macon Phillips, who said the questions selected were solicited from and voted on by the public.
The second question asked why the government has allowed BP to restrict media access to the Deepwater Horizon site, to which Gibbs acknowledged some "safety zones" were set up. But he added that the Coast Guard admiral reitirated the policy last week that the Gulf area should have open media access.
Gibbs said 600 reporters have been embedded in operations over the past six weeks and overflights are permitted by the FAA two days a week
"We're not leaving this up to BP, this will be a transparent site," he said.