Edelman has established a global advisory board comprised of leaders in finance, technology, media, government and business to support the effort of the No. 1 independent PR firm to diversify its revenue base.
The group includes:
* Joe Hurd-- former director of emerging business at Facebook and business development head of Gannett Broadcasting;
* Sandra Fuentes--Berain- ambassador emeritus of Mexico, negotiator of the NAFTA trade deal and ex-head of mission to the European Union;
* Takumi Shibata-- president & CEO of Nikko Asset Management & ex-group COO of Nomura Holdings;
* Rodney Goldstein-- co-managing partner at Wealth Strategist Partners and ex-chairman/managing partner of Frontenac private equity fund;
* Lord Paul Myners-- chairman of Edelman UK and ex-minister in the UK treasury/Bank of England board member, and
* Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg—chairman of Spitzberg Partners and ex-German minister of defense & federal minister of economics and technology.
The board will meet twice a year and advise Edelman as it invests in new areas such as creative, digital, performance marketing and c-suite consulting.
“The wide-ranging, global perspective fo this group will help ensure we are making the right investments and maximizing value for our clients,” said Richard Edelman in a statement.