Artificial intelligence is one of the most buzzed-about technologies in the news today. And for good reason. AI is rapidly transforming many industries, including public relations and marketing.
In our rapidly evolving data-driven business landscape, PR and marketing firms are continually seeking innovative ways to improve their processes and deliver the highest quality service to clients. Incorporating AI into various areas of your business can help achieve this.
If your resources are strained, AI can help complete more tasks with on a smaller budget while sparking creativity and setting you apart from others in your industry. From Customer Relationship Management to content marketing, accounting and analytics, AI-powered tools are transforming many businesses—including PR and marketing firms—by helping them streamline processes, save time and deliver better, more creative results.
Here are a few areas where PR and marketing agencies can integrate AI into their business.
Customer relationship management. AI-powered CRM systems help manage client relationships, enhance communications and better understand your clients moving forward. While traditional CRMs can be used to store client information, advanced CRMs are incorporating AI into their systems to help you create email copy tailored to your needs while providing analytics about your specific campaigns. Many advanced CRMs also offer a chatbot feature that provides immediate client support, helping to improve client satisfaction.
Content marketing. AI can be a helpful tool to support your content marketing strategy. Natural Language Processing algorithms can help content creators brainstorm and generate high-quality, personalized content as needed on a small scale, allowing them to focus on strategy and creativity. AI can also optimize content for SEO and schedule posts at the most optimal times in order to maximize engagement. However, users should be cautious not to rely entirely on AI-based content, as it may contain factual inaccuracies and awkwardly written phrases.
Marketers can also utilize AI to enhance their creative strategy, including boosting design elements and creating short-form marketing videos. These AI videos can be helpful when sharing data with key stakeholders or presenting proposals to potential clients.
Accounting and financial management. Given that many PR and marketing agencies don’t have a robust financial team, they rely on AI-powered accounting software that can streamline AP and AR processes while automating routine time-consuming financial tasks, such as invoice processing and expense management. AI software can also provide predictive financial modeling, helping PR and marketing firms make more informed decisions about budget allocation and resource planning.
Analytics and insights. AI-driven tools can process vast amounts of data to provide valuable insights into your financials and operations, including history and trends. These insights empower firms to make data-driven decisions and refine their strategies in real time.
Business intelligence tools such as dashboards enable decision-makers to monitor their organization, track progress towards goals and quickly identify trends or issues relevant to their operations. These dashboards often integrate data from various sources, including sales, marketing, finance and operations into a single, user-friendly display.
Additional insights and suggestions
- AI can be used to personalize outreach and engagement. By analyzing audience data and preferences, AI can help PR and marketing agencies identify the best ways to reach and engage their target audiences. For example, AI can be used to create personalized email campaigns, social media posts and press releases.
- AI can help to identify and measure the impact of PR and marketing campaigns. AI-powered analytics tools can track metrics such as website traffic, social media engagement and media coverage to help PR and marketing agencies measure the effectiveness of their campaigns. This data can then be used to refine future campaigns and improve results.
- AI can help to stay ahead of the curve and adapt to changing trends. AI can be used to monitor social media and news outlets for emerging trends and topics. This information can then be used to develop timely and relevant content and messaging for clients.
AI is a powerful tool that can help PR and marketing agencies improve their efficiencies, effectiveness and results. By embracing AI, PR and marketing agencies can better position themselves to succeed in the rapidly evolving digital landscape.
Here are a few specific examples of how PR and marketing agencies are using AI today:
- One PR agency is using AI to generate personalized media pitches. The AI takes into account the journalist’s interests, beat and recent coverage to generate a pitch that’s tailored to their specific needs.
- Another marketing agency is using AI to create personalized email campaigns for its clients. The AI analyzes customer data and preferences to create email campaigns that are more likely to be opened and engaged with.
- A PR agency is using AI to track social media sentiment and identify potential crises. The AI monitors social media for mentions of the agency’s clients and their products and services. If the AI detects any negative sentiment or potential crises, it alerts the agency’s team so that they can take action immediately.
These are just a few examples of how AI is being used by PR and marketing agencies today. As AI continues to develop, we can expect to see even more innovative and effective ways.
Dominic Rovano, CPA is a partner at Janover LLC and leads the firm’s Professional Services Group.